- A combination of folic acid (B9) and vitamin B12 in their active forms
- Superior to folic acid
- Required for DNA synthesis and cell repair
- Supports the healthy development of the fetus during pregnancy
- Prevents neural tube defects
- Promotes cardiovascular health
- Supports mood and cognitive functions
- Ideal for plant-based and vegan diets
Folic acid (or folate) is vitamin B9, a water-soluble vitamin that plays a key role in DNA and RNA synthesis, red blood cell production, the metabolism of proteins, and healthy genetic expression. The body needs folic acid but can’t synthesize it on its own and as such must be consumed from foods or dietary supplements. Lifestyle, diet and some medications and diseases can deplete the body’s folate supply. BioFolate™ contains L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate (L-5-MTHF), the active form of folate that is used in the body.
Taking folate in the form of L-5-MTHF ensures that even those with the MTHFR mutation are able to absorb the folate and avoid deficiency.
AOR’s BioFolate™ provides a high dose of the active form of folate combined with a minimal amount of active B12, as folate supplementation can mask a B12 deficiency. In accordance with AOR’s philosophy and quality control standards, all of AOR’s 5-MTHF products contain only the highest purity L-5-MTHF on the market, which is guaranteed to be greater than 99% L-5-MTHF.